Hare Law ADN R NT188961 1 132m
Hare Law 1856 OS 6 inch 1st edn.
Sc hare + Sc law
‘Boundary hill’. The boundary between Easter and Wester Lochoreshire, which is also the boundary between BGY and ADN, runs over the summit of this hill, in a north-south direction. It has given its name to a conspicuous pre-historic burial-mound just over the parish boundary in BGY, and very near the summit, Harelaw Cairn, for more on which see Pitcairn ADN below. On the OS 6 inch 1st edn. map (1856) this cairn is marked as an antiquity and is called simply Harelaw. The cairn itself will have been used as a boundary marker.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 1