Back Burn 1855 SO 6 inch 1st edn
Sc back + Sc burn
It is named from the fact that it lies at the back of Langside Hill as viewed from Kennoway. One of the tributaries of the Letham Burn SCO, it rises in the north part of KWY and flows eastwards, meeting the burn flowing south-east from Whallyden to form the Letham Burn. At the boundary of SCO the main road from Kennoway to Cupar crosses it by OS Pathf. Toddy Bridge (see this section, below). It is not to be confused with Back Burn MAI/KWY.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 2