Hill 1614 RMS vii no. 1026 [lands of Methilhill (Hill) and Pirnie (Pirnie) in the regality of St Andrews]
Methell Hill 1775 Ainslie/Fife
Hill 1817 Sasines no. 11579 [lands of Hill and Pirnie]
Methilhill 1856 OS 6 inch 1st edn. [also shows Methilhill Farm, which provides the above NGR]
en Methil + Sc hill
This place, now part of the town of Methil, was originally called simply Hill, and refers to the land south-east of the medieval church of Methil which rises (from near sea level) to over 35 m.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 1