Moor Dam 1866 OS 6 inch 1st edn.
Sc muir + Sc loch or Sc dam
Traversed by the parish boundary between Culross and Tulliallan, it takes its name from Culross and Bordie Moor (now largely afforested). That moor here is for muir ‘rough grazing’ is seen by the now lost place-name Muirhead (1753 Roy, 1783 Stobie) on the edge of this area in TUL, beside the CUS parish-boundary at or near NS951872.
This body of water is shown, but not named, on Stobie (1783).
This place-name appeared in printed volume 1