Sands TUL CUS S NS953860 1 393 10m WEF

the tak and assedatioune of the landis of Sandis 1490 RPS 1494/11/137 [letters of tack made to Thomas Sands(Sandis) and Isobel Hudson(Issobell Hudsone’) by the abbot of Culross]
Sandis 1494 RPS 1494/11/139 [‘the lands of Sands and Kelly Wood’ (the landis of Sandis and Keliwod); see Kelly Wood TUL, CUS, above]
Sandis 1494 RPS 1494/11/146 [case brought by the Hamiltons ‘of the Grange’(of the Grang’) CUS against Thomas Sands (Sandis) and Isobel Hudson (Issobell Hudsone), his mother ‘for the wrangwis occupatioune, lawboring and manuring of the landis of Sandis and Kellewod’]
Sandis 1540 RMS iii no. 2869 [... Bad, Kincarne, Sandis, Kirktoun ...]
ly Sandis 1546 x 1586 RMS v no. 1139 [Culross Abbey feus to Robert Sandis half the lands of the Sands (ly Sandis) and the Kelly Wood (ly Kelwod), with mansion, in the lordship of Culross, sheriffdom of Perth]
Sandis 1565 RMS iv no. 1632
Sandis 1586 RMS v no. 1109
lie Sandis 1591 RMS v no. 1924 [half of the Sands (lie Sandis) and half of the Kelly Wood (lie Kelliewod)]
Sandis 1599 RMS vi no. 849 [the late David Sandis of Sandis]
Sands 1609 RMS vii no. 9
Sands 1638 Retours (Perth) no. 477 [half the lands of Sands and Kelliwood – in the lordship (dominio) of Culross]
Sands 1638 RMS x no. 863 [in lordship (dominio) of Culross (Culros) PER]
Sandis 1643 RMS x no. 1428
Sands 1698 Retours (Perth) no. 1031 [half the lands of Sands with half the lands of Kelliwood in the lordship of Culross]
Sands 1753 Roy sheet 16, 1
Sands 1783 Stobie
Sands 1866 OS 6 inch 1st edn.

Sc sand

‘Sands’. OS Pathf. Lurg Farm is called Sands House from the earliest OS maps (OS 6 inch 1st edn. 1866) up until at least 1960 (OS 1 inch 7th Series). In 1895 the estate of Sands is described as including ‘the farms of Sands Home Farm, Blalowan and Cockmuirhall, and the quarry of Kelliewood’ (Millar 1895 ii, 268).

This place-name appeared in printed volume 1