Foddismill 1525 Laing Chrs. no. 350 [mill and mill lands of Crombie (Crummy) called Foddismill]
(John) Fethye in Foddismilne 1546 Laing Chrs. no. 507
Foddismylne 1546 Laing Chrs. no. 507 [the mill commonly called Foddismylne]
Corne Myln of Crummye 1562 Assumption 290 [John Foddie (Fewthe) pays £5 15s. 8d. and 12 capons]
Foddismyln 1625 Retours (Fife) no. 360 [Foddismyln in parish of Crombie (Crumbie) in lordship of Culross]
Fudymill 1642 Gordon MS Fife
Iudgemill 1654 Blaeu (Gordon) Fife [a misreading of the MS Fudymill, which is admittedly difficult to read]
Foodymill 1775 Ainslie/Fife
Mill of Fithies 1820 Sasines no. 13297
Foothiesmill 1820 Sasines no. 13297
Foody Mill 1821 Ainslie/S. Scotland
Foothies Mill 1856 OS 6 inch 1st edn.
pn Foddie or Fiddes + Sc miln
In 1546 mention is made of John Foddie (Fethye) of Foddismilne (Laing Chrs. no. 507). OS Pathf. now shows Waukmill at this site. However, it is clear from the above-mentioned charter of 1546 that they were not originally the same place (see Waukmill TOB and TOB Introduction).
The Lyne Burn, at least in its lower reaches, is referred to as the Foody Mill Burn (lie Futheyis-mylne-burne) in 1603 RMS vi no. 1402.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 1