le West Havyn de Dysert 1464 RMS ii no. 780 [amongst the lands including Strathore (Strathor) DSX exchanged by the Hepburnes with the Bekirtouns for the lands of Luffnes (Lufnos) ELO]
(harbour called) Westhavin 1541 RMS iii no. 2483 [see DSX Introduction]
Sc west + Sc haven
‘West harbour’ (of Dysart). This must refer to the main harbour of Dysart, at the foot of Hot Pot Wynd.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 1