South Parks KGL S NO263011 1 373 110m
South Parks 1828 SGF
South Parks 1856 OS 6 inch 1st edn.
Sc or SSE south + Sc or SSE park
‘South fields or enclosed lands’. As the name appears to refer to a new farm created from late eighteenth-century enclosure, it is more likely to be a SSE rather than a Sc name. On SGF (1828) South Parks lies within Leslie Park, on the south side of the River Leven, whereas Leslie village and house lies on the north side. South Parks has therefore been named in relation to the centre of the Leslie estate. These enclosed lands are shown on Ainslie/Fife (1775) but not named. South Parks is now the name of a part of Glenrothes New Town.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 1