North Glassmount KGH S NT246888 1 395 125m NEF
N. Glashmont 1654 Blaeu (Gordon) Fife
Nth. Glassmount 1828 SGF
Sc north + en Glassmount
The 1458 grant to David of Wemyss of ‘half the lands of Glassmount’ suggests that the estate had already been divided by then. Ainslie/Fife (1775), with both Glassmount and Nether Glassmount, shows the division of the estate but under a different nomenclature.
For a possible chapel on the lands of North Glassmount, see Chapel Flat KGH, above.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 1