Sisters Land # ABO F NT193856 1
Sisters Land c.1785 RHP1023
Sc sister + Sc land
‘Sisters’ land’, the sisters being the Sisters of the Third Order of St Francis, who were given the care of the recently-founded Hospital of St Martha in 1486. See Officers Land # ABO, above, for more details of this foundation, as well as of the later history of these lands.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 1