Parkneuk DFL S NT077885 1 394 105m
Park Nook 1828 SGF
Park Nook 1856 OS 6 inch 1st edn.
Sc park + Sc neuk
‘Corner of a park or land enclosed with a fence’. This was probably formerly known as Blackburn # q.v. It was a small mining village consisting of three rows of one-storey houses in 1875 (see Pitcairn 2000, 287). The NGR is for the centre of the built-up area now shown on OS Pathf., but Park Nook on OS 6 inch 1st edn. appears at the northern edge of this area at NT075889.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 1