Parley Hill CUS O NS988863 1
montis campum vulgo Parlahill vel Uter-clois 1560 x 1565 RMS iv no. 1632 [‘the field of the hill commonly (called) Parley Hill or *Outer Close’]
communem locum lie Parlahill 1581 RMS v no. 170 [‘the common/communal place the Parley Hill’]
locum communem lie Parlawhill 1642 RMS ix no. 1092 [‘the common/communal place the Parley Hill’]
Parlaw Hill 1664 RMS xi no. 599
Sc parlie + Sc hill
‘A hill where parleys or meetings take or have taken place’; see Elements Glossary under Sc parlie. It is probably significant that Parley Hill is referred to as a ‘communal place’ in 1581 and 1642. The element is found also in Parley Brae MAI.
Parley Hill is now a street-name in Culross just south of Culross Abbey.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 1