Monks Well CUS A NS982867 1 393 80m
This well on Ashes farm provided the water for Culross Abbey. ‘A large stone covering this well is inscribed “ 1667 Rebuilt 1893”, but traces of the original date (1667) are still visible on the stone. The circular shaft, approximately 2.0 m in diameter and 3.0 m deep, is modern except for a short length near the bottom which appears to be of considerable age.’ (NMRS NS89 NE 3.03). It is neither marked as a well nor named on OS 6 inch 1st edn.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 1