the Threpland 1466 Laing 1876, 162 [from the Newburgh Burgh Court Book]
Thraiplandis c.1560 s Assumption, 32 [‘the Wodruif (Woodriffe NBH) with the Hill and Thraiplandis’]
Treplandis c.1560 s Assumption, 34 [‘the Wodrufhill and Treplandis’]
Thraiplandis c.1560 s Assumption, 36 [‘the Wodrwff Hill and Thraiplandis’]
Thraipland 1592 RMS v no. 2227 [James VI feus to Patrick, commendator of Lindores Abbey, ‘the lands of Woodriffe, Threipland with hill and monastery, in the parish of Abdie’ (terras de Woidraiff, Thraipland cum Monthe et monasterii  in parochia de Ebdie)]
Threipland 1600 RMS vi no. 1032 col. 2 [see ABE Intro., Monastic Lands; in barony of Grange of Lindores]
‘Debateable land, disputed land’. See Elements Glossary (PNF 5) under threap. Laing notes: ‘It lay to the west of the town [of Newburgh], but from the complete alteration of the boundaries of the fields the name is obsolete’ (1876, 162). It usually occurs in association with Woodriffe NBH, q.v.
The name is almost certainly connected with the *Threipfield Butts (the Threipfeild Buttis) mentioned as on or beside East Brodlands NBH (1652 RMS x no. 35).
This place-name appeared in printed volume 4