(lie) Almerie-cruik 1560 x 1574 RMS iv no. 2326 [once with, once without the definite article lie; a third occupied by John Calvie (Calve), burgess of Newburgh; land belonging to Lindores Abbey]
Almrycruik 1600 RMS vi no. 1032 [see ABE Intro., Monastic Lands]
Sc * almry + Sc cruik
‘A curved or crooked piece of ground whose income goes to the almoner (elemosinarius), one of the monastic officers’. Sc *almry is not in DOST, but refers to the office of almoner, the standard Sc form of which is elemosinar elimosinar etc (DOST). See also Eleemosynary Meadow # DFL, which appears as pratum ... eleemosinariatus in 1567 (RMS iv no. 2083, indexed as Almery-medow), discussed briefly in PNF 1, 315.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 4