Drumclop # MML S NO3113 3
Drumcloichhope 1468 RMS ii no. 946 [Alexander Meldrum of Seggie (Segy) LEU to Duncan Lamby (Lammy) burgess of St Andrews, the lands of Drumclop]
Drumclotho 1473 RMS ii no. 1103 [king to Duncan Lamby, bishop of St Andrews’ land of Drumclop, which Alexander Meldrum of Seggie had resigned]
Drumlotho 1505 RMS iii no. 2889 [to Bruces of Earlshall LEU the lands of Drumclop, which Alexander Lamby (Lambe) of St Andrews had resigned]
Drumclochup 1517 Fife Ct. Bk. 396 [17th c. copy; Taxt roll of Fife]
Drumchuchope 1518 Fife Ct. Bk. 117 [for Drumcluchope; William Bruce of Earlshall LEU enters Andrew Lawson (Lausone) as suitor of court for Bruce’s lands of Drumclop; not in Fife Ct. Bk. index]
Clochup 1538 St A. Rent. 7 [in parish of Monimail (Monymeill)]
Drumclochhope 1540 RMS iii no. 2168 [part of barony of Pitlair CLS, q.v.]
Drumclothop c.1560 s Purves 152 [in ‘Quarter of Edyn’]
Drumcloche 1582 Retours (Fife) no. 1473 [Meldrum of Crail in lands of Drumclop with 6 acres of lands of Castlefield CUP (Castelfeild de Cupar)]
Drumclochope 1602 Retours (Fife) no. 111 [Sandilands of St Monans]
Drumlochope 1634 RMS ix no. 53 [to John Seton (Seatoun) of Lathrisk KTT]
Drumclohope 1645 Retours (Fife) no. 692 [James Sandilands of St Monans]
Drumclohope 1649 RMS ix no. 2097 [to James Arnot of Fernie MML]
Drumlochop 1653 RMS x no. 183
? Clob 1775 Ainslie/Fife [north-west of Bow of Fife]
Drumclop 1813 Sasines no. 9927 [part of barony of Wester Fernie MML]
G druim + ? G clachach
‘Stony ridge’. If the second element is indeed G clachach ‘stony’, then the same dissimilation can be assumed as is posited for Pittachope FLK (above), and which can be observed in Sauchope CRA (PNF 3), earlier Salchoc etc (q.v.).
The approximate NGR is supplied on the basis that Clob on Ainslie/Fife represents this place.
Note that Drumlochie, unidentified, in Fife Ct. Bk. Index of Places, is Drumlochy, Blackford PER.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 4