Reres LEU S NO467205 1 10m
Ryres lie Kawillis 1566 x 1577 RMS iv no. 2691 [LEU Intro., Minor Names]
Reres 1789 RHP1275
Rires 1827 Ainslie/East Fife
Reres 1828 SGF
Reres 1855 OS 6 inch 1st edn [also a relief feature, Cloth Hill, to the east]
A transferred name from Rires KCQ, the caput or chief place of one branch of the family of Wemyss, who were principal land-holders in this part of Leuchars for several centuries. The farmstead of Reres LEU stood about 600 m south-south-east of Earlshall and is now under RAF Leuchars aerodrome. However, the name has survived in Reres Wood (OS Pathf. NO483212).
This place-name appeared in printed volume 4