Cross Green 1855 OS 6 inch 1st edn
SSE cross + SSE green
Perhaps ‘a green with a cross’. It is c.300 m north of the possible chapel site (for which see FPC Intro. and Chapelton FPC, above). The OS Name Book (32, 20) gives no indication as to why this ‘small green’ was so called.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 4