Hill Of Tarvit
the Hill of Wemyss Hall 1845 NSA ix, 7 [where the old market cross of Cupar had been placed by the late Colonel Wemyss]
Wemyss Hall Hill 1856 OS 6 inch 1st edn
SEE hill + SSE of + en Tarvit
This is the name of the hill on whose northern shoulder stands Hilltarvit CUP, and on whose southern slopes stands the settlement Hill of Tarvit, formerly Wemyss Hall (see next entry). Remains of a ‘homestead’ are high on the Hill of Tarvit, at NO375120, a structure described as having an embankment some 6 feet thick and measuring 100 feet by 80 feet (NMRS 31SE 24).
This place-name appeared in printed volume 4