Constable Meadow # CUP S NO367148 2
cum prato le Constablemedow 1528 RMS iii no. 549 [‘with the meadow, the Constable Meadow’, beside (prope) the burgh of Cupar; see Kilface MML]
Sc constable + Sc meadie
‘Meadow attached to the office of constable’, the constable being the keeper of the royal castle of Cupar (see also Porterland # CUP).
It is presumably represented by the modern street-name Constable Acre beside the Lady Burn on Balgarvie Road, in the north-west corner of the town.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 4