Budhouse Lands * CUP S NO3715 2
Budhous-landis 1530 RSS ii no. 571 [see *Little Dundee CUP, below]
le Budhouse-Landis 1532 RMS iii no. 1190 [William Lindsay of Pyeston MAI, 2 acres of land called the *Budhouse Lands; see *Cumming Lands CUP]
It is possible that budhous(e) is a variation on OSc bedhous or beidhous ‘alms house’ (see DOST s.v.). Alternatively it may be a re-analysis of *Buddois-landis ‘lands held by a family called Buddo’, a local name, for which see Black 1946, 112 and Buddo Rock SSL, PNF 3.
They are described as being on the north side of the burgh of Cupar, hence the above approximate NGR.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 4