Bishopgate CUP O NO374147 1
Bishopgate Park 1793 SAUL MEP 61 [part of lands of Dalyell Lodge (now Dalgairn), to east of the house]
Bishop Gate 1820 Wood/Cupar
Sc bishop + Sc gate
‘Bishop’s road’, the name of the old road to the Tay ferry at Woodhaven FGN as it leaves Cupar. On Pittencrieff Plan (1786) it is referred to simply as ‘Road from Cupar to Woodhaven’.
The NGR given above is for the southern end of Bishopgate, where it enters the old town of Cupar.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 4