Beechgrove CUP S NO358138 1 362 70m
Beechgrove 1856 OS 6 inch 1st edn
Created out of Cupar Muir, apparently in the second quarter of the nineteenth century, since neither the name nor the buildings appear on SGF (1828), it is described in the early 1850s as a ‘farm house with offices and thrashing machine attached ... occupied by J. Crichton, the property of Mr Wilson, Crossgate, Cupar’ (OS Name Book 115, 3). It can be assumed that it was near a stand of beech trees, or that beech trees were planted near the house.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 4