Luthrie Bank CRC S NO330197 1 95m
Luthrie Bank 1888 x 1914 OS 6 inch 1st revision
en Luthrie + Sc or SSE bank
‘Slope or river-bank at Luthrie’, the river in question being the Windygates Burn (q.v. below) which flows south, along the west side of the farm of Luthrie Bank. It is the name of a farm in the village of Luthrie (shown as such on OS 1:10,000, 2007). According to Andrew Wedderburn of Mountquhanie, who rented and farmed it in 1997, it was also known as Skelmervie (q.v.).
The road running north-west out of Luthrie towards Brunton is called Luthriebank Road.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 4