Annsmuir CLS S NO313113 1 362 43m
Annsmuir 1856 OS 6 inch 1st edn
pn Ann or Anne + Sc muir
Built as a farm on moorland (or rather muirland) in the early nineteenth century by Lord Melville of Melville House, it was named after a member of the Melville family (Calley , 21). On both Ainslie/East Fife (1827) and SGF (1828) the whole area is shown as being covered in scrub or woodland.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 4