the Brounhill 1554 x 1587 RMS v no. 1338 [a relief feature, described as a hill (montem); beside the lands of Grange BMO, q.v. for more details]
Brounillis 1601 RMS vi no. 1217 [to Ludovic Crichton (Creychtoun), feuar of Naughton, and Christine Ramsay his wife; part of the barony of Naughton]
Brounhills 1654 Blaeu (Pont) East Fife
Sc broun + Sc hill
‘Brown hills’. According to Campbell it is ‘now part of the farm of Littleinch’ BMO, FGN, ‘between Naughton and Gauldry’ (1899, 396, 641).
This place-name appeared in printed volume 4