Cadgerford Bridge 1856 OS 6 inch 1st edn.
Sc cadger + Sc ford
Sc cadger is found throughout the Scottish lowlands attached to fords, roads and other route-markers. A cadger is a carter or itinerant dealer.
OS Pathf. Cadgerford Bridge (where there was clearly an earlier ford) shows where Ainslie’s Cadgerroad crosses the upper reaches of the Muir Row Burn, a tributary of the Fordell Burn, which forms the ABO/DGY boundary here, though Ainslie has mistakenly located it on the DGY/IKG boundary. The *Cadger Road is the old road from Aberdour to Beath, now the road from Aberdour to Crossgates.
There was also a place called Cadgergreen # DGY or possibly IKG (Cadgergreen 1775 Ainslie/Fife, Cadgergreen 1814 Sasines no. 10085) just south of Broomieside DGY, near the place where the old road from Aberdour to Dunfermline was crossed by one from Fordell heading northwards (as shown on Ainslie/Fife).
This place-name appeared in printed volume 1