Braeside Of Lindores
Braeside Of Lindores ABE S NO257174 1 362 75m SWF
Brae Side 1775 Ainslie/Fife [extends over OS Pathf. Braeside of Lindores and Braeside Mains]
Braeside 1827 Ainslie/East Fife
Brae Side 1828 SGF
Braeside 1856 OS 6 inch 1st edn [applies to buildings nearby at NO254175]
Braeside 1898 OS 1 inch 2nd edn
Lindores Farm 1888 x 1914 OS 6 inch 1st revision [also shown thus on 2nd revision (1900 x 1949) and 1st Imperial edn (1948 x 1977)]
Braeside of Lindores 1969 x 1996 OS 1:10,000 first metric edn
en Braeside + SSE of + en Lindores
There are two places called Braeside in the parish, so this one (called simply Braeside in 1856) is presumably called ‘Braeside of Lindores’ to distinguish it from the other (see previous entry). However, for much of the twentieth century it was called Lindores Farm, and to further complicate matters, the precise site of Braeside on the 1856 map (and subsequently on the 1898 map) and of Lindores Farm on maps of 1888 × 1914 and 1948 × 1977, is about 250 m north-west of the place marked as Braeside of Lindores on OS Pathf. at NO257154. This latter site, whose buildings are first marked on twentieth-century OS maps (OS 6 inch Imperial edition, 1948 × 1976), is first named on OS 1:10,000 first metric edition (1969 × 1996) where it appears as Braeside of Lindores. The buildings shown as Braeside in 1856 are not named at all on modern OS maps.
Braeside included OS Pathf. Braeside Mains (see next entry).
This place-name appeared in printed volume 4