Chapel Wood SMS V NO524033 1 374 20m
Chapel Wood 1855 OS 6 inch 1st edn
SSE chapel + SSE wood
The chapel is that of Abercrombie Church, whose ruins lie in this woodland. Though in SMS it was ‘in the demesne lands attached to Balcaskie House (CBE)’ in the mid-nineteenth century (OS Name Book 80, 23).
This place-name appeared in printed volume 3