Park Mill

Park Mill SSL S NO566133 1 363 30m

Parkmylne 1593 RMS v no. 2273 [amongst lands of lordship and barony of Boarhills SSL and Polduff # SSL]
Parkmill 1642 Gordon MS Fife
Parkmil 1654 Blaeu (Gordon) Fife
(mill of) Craigievar or Petiesmill called Parkmiln 1784 Sasines no. 949
(mill of) Craigenwar or Paties Miln now called Park Miln 1808 Sasines no. 8193
Park Mill 1855 OS 6 inch 1st edn

Sc park + Sc miln

Sc park in place-names refers to enclosed or emparked land, often in connection with hunting reserves. In this case it may refer to an eclosure connected with the bishop’s palace at Inchmurdo #, which lay on the Kenly Water almost opposite the mill. The mill was also known as Craiganweir #, q.v.

This place-name appeared in printed volume 3