West Ward # CBE S NO511076 1 170m
Westward 1775 Ainslie/Fife
West Ward 1855 OS 6 inch 1st edn
Sc west + Sc ward
Sc ward means ‘enclosed piece of land’, while wardland was land held by knight-service to a superior. It is almost certainly connected with nearby Knights Ward CBE: while it lies east of the modern Knights Ward, the position of Knights Wards (note the plural) on Ainslie/Fife (1775) almost two km to the east suggests that there has been some change in application of the name.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 3