Pittarthie Farm CBE S NO515082 1 374 170m NEF
Pittarthie Farm 1969 x 1996 OS 1:10,000 1st Metric Edition
en Pittarthie + SSE farm
This takes its name from the lands of Pittarthie DNO, which lie immediately to the north-east, on the other side of the Lingo Burn.
There is no settlement marked at this site on Ainslie/Fife (1775), SGF (1828), OS 6 inch (1855), or OS 1 inch (1925). OS (1855) names the land to the east The Mountains, but shows no buildings there. Ross Nicol, Lochty Farm, provided the information that the Mathie brothers made Pittarthie Farm ‘out of whin and bog’ in the 1930s or 1940s, using Irish labourers who lived in a bothy there.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 3