Lochhabber 1775 Ainslie/Fife
Lochaber 1800 Cameron Parish Papers
Lochaber 1815 SAUL MEP 17 [on estate of Lathockar, at NO496105]
Lochaber 1827 Ainslie/East Fife [at NO496105]
Lochaber 1855 OS 6 inch 1st edn [at NO496105]
This was presumably a name transferred from the area-name Lochaber INV (around Fort William). It was in place by 1775, attached to a house which lay immediately west of OS Pathf. Westfield Wood, at NO496105, to the south of its present position. This earlier site is now in a field on the lands of Gilmerton, which according to Mr Purves of Gilmerton House is still referred to as Lochaber, and where remains of a building are still shown on OS Pathf. In 1815 it lay on the estate of Lathockar (SAUL MEP 17).
This place-name appeared in printed volume 3