St Adrian’s Priory
St Adrian’s Priory ANR AE NT658990 1
St Adrian’s chappel 1710 Sibbald 1710 , 100
St Adrian’s Priory 1855 OS 6 inch 1st edn 28
Chapel 1979 OS Pathf. 364
Originally the church of the Priory of May, dedicated to Ethernan. For detailed discussion of this saint, his cult in the East Neuk of Fife, and his transformation into Adrian, see PNF 3, 51, 56–7, 323–6. For an account of the important archaeological excavations carried out here in the 1990s, see Yeoman 1998.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 3