The Pilgrims ANR CR NT658989 1
The Pilgrims 1855 OS 6 inch 1st edn 28
‘This name applies to two spiral rocks rising nearly perpendicularly out of the sea on the west side of the island and contiguous to Pilgrims’ Haven’ (OS Name Book 1, 18). See discussion under Pilgrims Haven, below. Eggeling states that ‘the loftier of the Pilgrims’ was called (the) Angel, since ‘[f]rom certain angles this pinnacle has the clear suggestion of a sculptured angel with outspread wings’ (1985, 244). Eggeling code L.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 3