Ladath BGY S NT171969 1 135m
Ladach 1477 RMS ii no. 1335 [one of the lands in the west part of Lochorschir]
Laudach 1536 RMS iii no. 2922
Ladath 1616 RMS vii no. 1405 [part of the lands of Wester Lochoreshire; see BGY Introduction]
Ladathne 1654 Blaeu (Pont) West Fife
Ladath 1654 Blaeu (Gordon) Fife
Ladath 1786 Sasines no. 1389
G leth + G dabhach
‘Half-davoch’. This must once have represented an important division of the core lands of Lochore, since a davoch is usually reckoned as consisting of approximately 200 acres + grazing land. The name exists on the OS Pathf. as Ladath Stripe, referring to a strip of woodland on the southern slope of Kildownies Hill. The ruins of Ladath House, which later served as a stable and outbuildings for Lochore House, are still visible (NT171969). For more details, see Henderson 1988, 158.
Ladeddie CER contains the same elements.
/ləˈdaθ/ or /ˈladəθ/
This place-name appeared in printed volume 1