Flockhouse # BGY S NT180973 1 120m
lie Flokhous <de Inschegall> 1616 RMS vii no. 1405 [‘lie Flokhous et Bowhous de Inschegall’; see BGY Introduction]
Flockhous 1642 Retours (Fife) no. 619 [‘terris de Flockhous et Bowhous de Inchgall’]
Flockhouse 1828 SGF
Flockhouse 1856 OS 6 inch 1st edn.
‘Fleece house, place for storing fleeces’. It lay on the main road between Navitie and Lochore, by the BGY/ADN parish boundary. The 1856 map also shows Flockhouse School a short distance to the north.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 1