Cowbridge 1830 RHP365
Cowbridge 1856 OS 6 inch 1st edn
SSE cow + SSE bridge
The bridge across the Leven is shown on the 1856 map carrying an old road from South Parks KGL towards Forester’s Lodge LSL and, indirectly, to Leslie House, thus uniting the northern and southern parts of the Leslie estate. Cow Bridge is now relieved by a modern bridge, carrying Leslie Road, the A911, about 50 m downstream. Though South Parks is the southern part of the Earl of Rothes’ estate of Leslie, no bridge is shown connecting it to the northern part of his land on Ainslie/Fife (1775), but a crossing is shown on SGF (1828) at about this point, suggesting that Cow Bridge was constructed between 1775 and 1828.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 2