Lundin Links LAR S NO405026 1 374 15m SOF
Lundie Linkes 1654 Lamont’s Diary 69 [11 May; military action there against English soldiers]
Lundin Links 1855 OS 6 inch 1st edn [referring to the links (coastal grassland), with Lundin Links Station shown]
Lundin Links 1899 OS 1 inch 2nd edn [referring to the links, with ‘Station’ shown]
Lundin Links 1906 x 1939 OS 6 inch 2nd revision [referring to the settlement]
en Lundin + Sc links
In 1855 the name was that of the undulating coastal grassland (Sc and SSE links), which by 1888 × 1914 was a golf-course (OS 6 inch, 1st revision). Apart from the railway station, OS 6 inch 1st edn (1855) shows no houses at all on the land on which the village of Lundin Links now stands. That same map shows Lundin Den cutting through the middle of Lundin Links, west of the station.
/ˈlʌndɪn lɪŋks/ or /ˈlʌndən lɪŋks/, locally /ˈlʌndɪ lɪŋks/ .
This place-name appeared in printed volume 2