Kirkton ATL S NT211900 1 385 105m
Kirk Farm 1828 SGF
Kirkton 1856 OS 6 inch 1st edn.
The kirklands of Auchtertool, out of which Kirkton developed, will have consisted of the two bovates of land to the south of the church which were given to Inchcolm along with the church between c.1165 and 1179 (Inchcolm Chrs. nos. 2 and 14; see also ATL Introduction above). They are referred to in Latin as the kirklands (terre ecclesiastice) of Auchtertool in a charter of 1568 (RMS iv no. 1828).
This place-name appeared in printed volume 1