Boggy Plantation KWY V NO341017 1 373 50m
Boggy Plantation 1888 x 1914 OS 6 inch County Series, 1st revision
SSE boggy + SSE plantation
The name is self-explanatory, being that of a plantation of trees on the north bank of the Markinch Burn, under the 50 m contour. It is effectively a continuation of the riverside land which is called The Mires further upstream.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 2