Crawford Priory CLT S NO347112 1 362 35m
Crawfurd Priory 1828 SGF
Crawfurd Priory 1856 OS 6 inch 1st edn
Crawfurd Priory 1886 RHP3313
pn Crawford + SSE priory
Originally Crawford Lodge, it was re-named Crawford Priory by Lady Mary Lindsay Crawford as part of its transformation in the early nineteenth century into a ‘Gothic confection of assorted flavours’ (Pride 1990, 91). For more details see Lady Mary’s Wood CLT, below.
Now an impressive but dangerous ruin, it has given its name to OS Pathf. Priory Nurseries to the south-west, at NO342104.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 2