North Scotstarvit 1856 OS 6 inch 1st edn
Sc north + en Scotstarvit
It was formerly called Fetters # (q.v.), and is shown as such on Ainslie/Fife (1775) and SGF (1828). Contrary to expectations, North Scotstarvit lies to the south-west of Scotstarvit. It is now a ruin.
About 250 m east of North Scotstarvit are the remains of a ‘homestead’ (OS Pathf. NO360109), which has been variously described as a fort, with two roughly circular ramparts, and as a first-century AD farmstead superimposed on a Bronze Age open settlement (NMRS NO31SE 29).
This place-name appeared in printed volume 2