Easter Pitscottie CER S NO415134 1 363 65m EAF
Easter Pitscottie 1517 Fife Ct. Bk. 398 [17th c. copy]
Easter Pitscottie c.1560 s Purves 154 [Easter Pitscottie and Dura (Duray) KMB, ?4]
Pitscottie Easter 1662 Retours (Fife) no. 914
E Pitscotie 1775 Ainslie/Fife
Easter Pitscottie 1856 OS 6 inch 1st edn
Sc easter + en Pitscottie
It may be assumed that Easter Pitscottie existed by 1438, since Wester Pitscottie is first mentioned in that year (RMS ii no. 239; see Ceres, above, for more details).
An 1814 estate plan of Easter Pitscottie (RHP5308) shows field-names and the exact extent of the farm at that time. There is only one field to the south of the Pitscottie–Ceres road (NO414128). This is called Raith Park, and is discussed above under Ballachton # CER.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 2