Drumfin

Drumfin TOB S NT0386 1 394

Drumfyne 1603 RMS vi no. 1485 [the lands of Glanderstoun and Drumfyne in the parish of Torry (Torry)]
Drumfin 1621 RMS viii no. 256
Drumfine 1698 Retours (Fife) no. 1399
Drumfin 1753 Roy sheet 17, 5
Drumthin 1775 Ainslie/Fife
Drumfin 1799 Sasines no. 5484
Drumfin 1825 Sasines no. 2279 [‘5 Acres of the lands of Drumfin’, part of the newly named estate of Oakly, formerly Annfield]
Drumphin 1828 SGF

G druim + G fionn

‘White ridge’. There is a Drum of Torrie mentioned as part of the lands of William Erskine of Torry in 1799 (Sasines no. 5484). This probably refers to the same feature as Drumfin: the ridge running east–west on which OS Pathf. shows Drum Plantation. At the west end of the ridge, where OS Pathf. shows Shawhill, Roy (1753) shows Drumhead.

/drʌmˈfɪn/

This place-name appeared in printed volume 1