Pasker 1441 Inchcolm Chrs. no. 51 [Kilrie (Kyllory) KGH, ABO, Pasker, Inchkeirie # (Inchkiry) KGH, ABO are listed amongst lands belonging to Inchcolm Abbey]
Paskarmyln 1544 RMS iii no. 2999 [molendinum Paskarmyln nuncupat. cum terris molendinariis (‘the mill called Paskarmyln with its mill lands’)]
Pascar Mylne 1574 Inchcolm Chrs. p. 218
the mylnlands of Pasker Myln 1577 Inchcolm Chrs. p. 216 [one of the lands of Inchcolm held by William Spittall of Leuchat DGY]
Puscar mill 1642 Gordon MS Fife
Pasckar M<ill> 1654 Blaeu (Pont) West Fife
Pluscarmill 1654 Blaeu (Gordon) Fife
Paskarmiln 1872 Sasines no. 1544 [‘the Miln called Paskarmiln and Miln lands etc. thereof’]
? French pasquier
The editors of Inchcolm Chrs. declare this name ‘obscure’ (p. 252), but it is likely to derive from Old French pasquier (also occurring as pasquer, pascor, pasquor) ‘pasture’. Such a French derivation is made the more plausible given that another of Inchcolm’s lands in west Fife, Bouprie ABO, is of French origin (beau pré ‘fine meadow’), and both embody descriptions of land.
Paskar Mill presumably lay on the burn (now much conduited) which runs past Kilrie Farm and Kilrie then, by a waterfall, into the Tiel Burn. Kilrie Farm appears as Kilrie Mill on early OS maps (for which see Kilrie KGH, ABO above), and Paskar Mill may well have been the older name for this mill.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 1