Easter Lumbennie

Easter Lumbennie NBH ABE S NO237162 1 362 110m

    (lands and vill of) Estir Lumbanys 1537 RMS iii no. 1997
    (John White of) Estir Lumbany 1539 RMS iii no. 1997
    Lumbaneis Eistir et Weistir 1564 RMS iv no. 1545 col. 2
    Eister Lumbennene 1609 Retours (Fife) no. 200
    Lumbeneis-Eister 1618 RMS vii no. 1754
    terris de Lumbennes Eister et Wester 1642 Retours (Fife) no. 618
    Lumbenny 1642 Gordon MS Fife
    E. Lumbeny 1654 Blaeu (Gordon) Fife
    Eister Lombenny 1655 Retours (Fife) no. 846
    Easter Lumbenny 1856 OS 6 inch 1st edn (FIF and KNR Sheet 9) [note change of position]

Sc easter + en Lumbennie

For Lumbennie, and for more details on the above early forms, see under Lumbennie NBH, below. The position of the farm-house and steading of Easter Lumbennie has moved almost 1 km to the north-east since OS 6 inch 1st edn, but remaining within the lands of Easter Lumbennie. These lands were assigned to the new parish of Newburgh NBH in 1633, while Wester Lumbennie remained in ABE (detached) until 1891, when it, too, was placed in NBH.

This place-name appeared in printed volume 4