Chapelbath # CUS S NS975901 3 35m
Chapeltown of Both 1543 Culross Chrs. 77
lands of Chapeltoun of Both 1587 Culross Chrs. 81 no. 28 [set in feu to David May, with ‘pasturage to 1 bull, 12 soumes, and 2 horses in Souterrig’]
Chapelbath 1783 Stobie
Sc chapel ( + Sc toun ) + en Bath
The NGR is inferred from Stobie (1783). This places it on or beside the site of a disused coal mine. Chapel Park is marked at NS972904 on OS 1:2,500 (1915), about 300 m north-west of the NGR given above, and close to where OS Pathf. shows The Sheiling.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 1