Inchgray # LEU S NO460250 3
? Incheraye 1240 x 1260 St A. Lib. xxviii [‘Marriage charter of Thomas de Lidel,  with the lands of Inchgray? <and> Midmuir LEU?’ (Carta maritagii Thome de Lidel, cum terris Incheraye Midmor). Only the title of this charter from the lost St Andrews Register has survived, in an early modern transcript, so Incheraye could well be for original *Inchgraye or *Inchegraye]
quartam partem ... marresii vocati Inchegray 1540 RMS iii no. 2114 [Leuchars-Ramsay; LEU Intro., Lordship and Baronies]
(marsh called) Inchegay 1567 Retours (Fife) no. 63 [Leuchars-Ramsay]
Inchegay 1579 RMS iv no. 2950
inchgra 1654 Blaeu (Pont) East Fife [Cragie inchgra]
(marsh called) Inchgray 1658 Retours (Fife) no. 882 [James earl of Southesk]
(marsh called) Inchgrey 1688 Retours (Fife) no. 1292
Inchgray 1700 Retours (Fife) no. 1440
G innis + G greigh
‘Inch (low-lying ground by water, haugh, raised land in a bog) of (the) horse stud’; the specific, G greigh ‘herd of horses, stud’, occurs, for example, in Mungrey # CLS, which survives as Minnie’s Green KTT (q.v., PNF 2), also referring to a marshy area (the first element being G mòine ‘moss, (peat-)bog’). For other examples, see Elements Glossary s.v., PNF 5. Inchgray, Fordoun KCD (RMS ii no. 3750, iv nos. 67, 2519) is the same name.
Frequently associated with Morton FGN, LEU, Blaeu (Pont) shows Inchgray beside Craigie LEU, on the west bank of Rash Myre # (Rosshmyre) LEU. It is therefore assumed that it lay between Craigie and Morton, hence the above NGR.
This place-name appeared in printed volume 4