Cast LEU S NO463227 1 352 10m
Cast 1785 RHP1684 [the tenant is Archibald Johnston]
Cast 1827 Ainslie/East Fife
Cast 1828 SGF
Cast 1855 OS 6 inch 1st edn
‘Ditch, cutting, excavation’; the farm lies between two drainage ditches (casts) dug to drain the flooded interior of Leuchars parish. It is first recorded in 1785 (RHP1684). The western drainage ditch would appear to be the Great Drain mentioned as having been dug by Sir David Carnegie (mid-eighteenth century?) before he sold the lands to Robert Lindsay (OSA, 594).
This place-name appeared in printed volume 4